The Great Whiskey Fire of Dublin in 1875 was when 5000 barrels of whiskey ignited and flowed into the streets. Thirteen people died that day, but not from burns or smoke inhalation. They died from alcohol poisoning after trying to drink it all.
In 2015, a Chinese woman was stopped at an airport in Beijing for having a bottle of Cognac in her carry-on. Instead of handing it over to airport security, she chugged the entire bottle on the spot before taking her plane.
In Australia when it gets very hot, the nectar in some flowers ferments and turns into alcohol. Bees that get drunk from the nectar are not allowed back in their hive—guard bees keep them out to prevent them from making the nectar into alcoholic honey.
During Prohibition in the US, it was illegal to buy or sell alcohol, but it was not illegal to drink it. Some wealthy people bought out entire liquor stores before it passed to ensure they still had alcohol to drink.